Thursday, December 21, 2023

A Credit Card Reward Bonus

We recently were offered a $100 Reward bonus on a credit card we already have and use. The requirement was to spend $2,000 by the end of the year. I think the original offer was given in early November. This is a credit card my husband uses regularly and often for travel. We knew that we would easily meet the requirement in time. 

Earlier this week the reward was posted as earned. Turns out that was in addition to other rewards being earned. There were enough points to redeem $167.17! We simply had it applied to the current balance as a credit, having to send less of our cash to pay off the card. And yes, we do pay the card off before any interest is charged. It is my habit to pay it off in full each time my husband is paid, which is twice per month. 

I redeemed $7.32 on our Chase Freedom card also for a statement credit. I do have about $18 in pending points that can be redeemed after I make the next payment on our American Express card. Small amounts do add up. I am grateful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Thank you for keeping your comments relevant, friendly and clean.