Saturday, July 11, 2020

Everything Is Up for Review

Everything is up for review these days, financially and health wise. 

In fact, if you found me from Saving Advice, you may have noticed I'm not posting over there. Even where I spend my time on the internet is up for review. I recently removed the Facebook app from my phone, to avoid spending as much time there each day. I need less stress, and seeing others lives and hearing their opinions on any topic was adding to my stress. I'm not sure how long I will stay away or if I will ever return. Time will tell. 

Today, I decided to change our internet plan with AT&T. We didn't need increased speed of service, but I noticed that they charged $10 less per month than our current plan if we signed up for a faster plan. Ten dollars savings per month is $120 a year. I think it may only last 12 months, but I'm okay with that and can downgrade to a lower plan next year when it comes around.

While I was on the website making the changes, I noticed we have access now to HBO Max included with our service. This would normally be $14.99 per month. We honestly don't need more media to watch. We just got Disney+ for free for a year for change our Verizon Wireless Plan. We already have Netflix which we pay $12.99/mo and Amazon Prime Video! The options are now endless. 

We are still working with our oldest daughter, who just graduated college in the fall, about her car loan. We want to pay it off in full and have her pay us back with interest. I'm working on a proposal. I know she is aware of interest, but I'm not sure is understands how it is calculated so I want to educate her at the same time I make a proposal. I think a Google Doc with a basic amortization schedule would be helpful, maybe one I could edit as she makes her payments. 

Everything is up for review! Are you making any financial changes? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Thank you for keeping your comments relevant, friendly and clean.