Thursday, December 3, 2020

Retirement Milestone Reached

My husband's promotion order was published and effective on December 1. I will pin on his new rank tomorrow at a ceremony. The paycheck should be reflective by January 1. Fingers crossed as some in this unit have had delays of months. 

On the same day, our retirement accounts hit a new milestone of $800K. Specifically, the total was $801,476.16. There's something about that number that gives me faith we will eventually have $1,000,000 in retirement funds and possibly by the time my husband retires in three years. 

He tells me his retirement paycheck will be about $60K a year. A million dollars or more should supplement that quite nicely! I predict he will end up with a full or part time job within the first year of military retirement, he gets really antsy not having something to do. It's either that or dive into some expensive hobby! I could get him busy with things to do around the house, but I'm not sure that will be satisfying enough. 

How are you feeling about your retirement savings progress? Do you need to make some adjustments? 

2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you think! Thank you for keeping your comments relevant, friendly and clean.