Saturday, June 21, 2014

Frugal Saturday Task

I did laundry today. I washed clothes for three people in two loads, lights and darks. I always use cold water to save the energy and cost of heating the water. I have found that I really don't have any issues only using cold water. I currently use traditional mid grade detergent, not the least expensive and not the most expensive. I know that I bought the current detergent on a sale at Target. 

I have recently stopped using using dryer sheets. In the past I would rip them in half to save and make them last longer. However, I heard about how the chemicals on those sheets stay in our clothes and then rub against our skin. Yuck, I don't like that idea at all. It turns out, I have not noticed any difference by not using them! Interesting. I call that another frugal move. One less thing I need to buy with our hard earned money.

The day wasn't entirely frugal though. The girls and I ate out at Subway today, primarily as a treat for summer, but also because there really wasn't much food to eat in the house. I ended up at the store to purchase dinner, which was cheese tortellini, salad and croissants. We had the lettuce, tomatoes, pasta sauce and dressing. I did need to buy the pasta, bread and a cucumber. That was today's only spending.

Do you use dryer sheets or fabric softener? Did you do anything frugal on your Saturday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Thank you for keeping your comments relevant, friendly and clean.